a few months ago i was on a quest to find a new mascara (see my instagram rant here and the suggestions i got for mascaras to try). i did eventually find one i love and that ticks all the boxes (it's this one from estée lauder), but while i was looking i tried a lot of different ones i will not purchase again for various reasons:
- l'oreal mega volume collagene 24h - great volume and length, some smudging and started flaking first week of use.
- covergirl lash blast length - the brush looked promising, but did nothing for my lashes.
- helena rubenstein lash queen feline extravaganza - great volume and length, love the brush. doesn't smudge, but started to flake after two weeks use. too short time period for an high end mascara (or any mascara really!)
- covergirl lash blast 24hr - looks exactly like the maxfactor false lash effect 24, no effect on my lashes.
- l'oreal volume million lashes waterproof - great brush, good volume and length, but smudged and was no way near waterproof. also flaked first day of use(!)
- benefit they're real! (sample) - this one i liked, gave black lashes, curl and volume. but i don't like the brush that much and like other mascaras more.
- max factor false lash effect 24 - great staying power, no smudge, but the brush does nothing for my lashes
have you tried any new mascaras lately that you love? i have a new one ready for testing as soon as my trusted mascara runs empty (it's the ysl mascara volume effect faux ciels shocking).